Thursday 20 January 2011

Web Design times!


So a little while ago on one our rather informative Wednesday
lectures, we had a presentation on the importance of a strong website for those in the creative industry, books being judged by their covers and all!
So it makes sense to me to search out, or at least point out those I stumble across, that in my opinion work within the confines of my creative ideal... or just things that make me crave the creative process!


The first of such finds is the site of Rilla Alexander and her alter ego Sozi. Now what I find myself drawn to, is actually a rather simple concept but it really pushes the concept of the site to that level that makes me want to post about it. The design of the interface works rather well, with the the style of the character driving home a solid format that gives off a clean asthetic, with none of the design feeling out of place in regards to the context of both the character (at least my perception of it), and the site itself.

What really got to me was the simple action of the eyes moving and following your cursor around, a simple play on the old eyes of a painting adage. This small touch really brought the character that the artist is trying to promote to life and infused it with that little bit more character and interest for me as a viewer. I wont touch on the contents of the site because for the purpose of this article I'm only interested in that first judgement and I'm taking away from it a lesson for myself on the importance of small concise touches like this for my own practice!

No comments:

Post a Comment